Register for classes!
Follow these instructions to register for classes at Sterling
2) Access the NetClassroom course catalog for a full list of courses that are available for Fall 2020. The course catalog is available under the registration tab on the toolbar.
Note that when you navigate to the catalog you will need to change the drop down menus on the left-hand toolbar to the appropriate semester (Fall 2020).
Also note that courses are listed by designation area (AS- Applied Science, HM- Humanities, INT- Integrated Studies, NS- Natural Science, SS- Social Science). When you open the catalog you will see an alphabet across the top of the page; the catalog always opens on A. To find courses in other designation areas please navigate to the appropriate letter (A, H, I, N, S).
3) The course catalog includes information about courses including the course number, instructor, description, prerequisites, corequisites, number of spaces available, and the term in which the course runs. A Fall master schedule is also available to you via a link in the announcements on the left-hand toolbar of your home page. Note that the schedule is subject to change.
4) Once you have reviewed the catalog and schedule you may enroll in courses. The ‘enter requests’ page is also available under the registration tab on your toolbar.
5) On the course requests page click ‘edit registration’.
6) Click on the binoculars icon next to the blank for course title. This will open a new window that will allow you to search for the courses that you would like to register for. You may search for a course by ID or name. You can add courses to your registration by clicking on the course number in the search results. Use the ‘new’ button to add up to 12 requests. Once you have added all of your courses, please select the class section (see image 2 below) and then hit the ‘submit’ button. Please be sure to only submit requests for courses that are running in Fall 2020.
7) Note that there are two additional buttons on the registration page. The ‘Potential Schedule’ button will let you see what your proposed schedule for the fall will look like. Please be sure to select the correct term on the pop up window (refer to figure 2 below). The ‘Calculate Conflicts’ button will let you see if there are any conflicts between courses that you wish to take.
8) Once you have submitted your requests, you may get an ‘exception’ notification. If you receive a notification which you are unable to resolve, please send Laura Lea a detailed email about the exception. Transfer students who have been granted waivers based on coursework completed at another institution may receive error messages when trying to register for upper level courses. Send Laura Lea an email if you experience this issue.
9) Your requests will be processed within two weeks following the close of registration. At that time check your NetClassroom portal to view your Fall 2020 schedule. If you are waitlisted for a course you will also be informed following the close of registration.