MISSION & VISION
STERLING ADVANCES ECOLOGICAL THINKING AND ACTION THROUGH AFFORDABLE EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING THAT PREPARES PEOPLE TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE, SKILLED, AND RESPONSIBLE LEADERS IN THE COMMUNITIES IN WHICH THEY LIVE.
Support the Vision
Sterling uses education as a force to address ecological and social problems, including:
- Fossil fuel dependence and rapid climate change.
- Destruction of biodiversity and loss of wild places.
- Promotion of harmful agricultural practices that threaten human and natural communities.
- Persistence of structural oppression that impacts human and ecological wellbeing.
- Deterioration of civil society through estrangement from community, nature and place.
We believe that higher education must confront these threats and take action to address social and ecological disruption. Sterling’s effort to create an “Eco University” of partnerships with not-for-profit organizations is a transformational step for a college or university to make.
If you are a student and you want to experience a transformative education that will inspire you and prepare you to live a meaningful and fulfilling life, we encourage you to consider applying for admission.
Intrigued about the stand Sterling is taking? Is your alma mater contributing to the destruction of the natural world? Ask them. Consider withholding your giving until they make a similar commitment to the one we have made. Better yet, make a gift to Sterling to support our work.
Listen Up, Learn Fast
Change-makers speaking truth to power in the name of Climate Crisis: