Calderwood, serves as adjunct faculty teaching a variety of agricultural courses at Sterling College and provides government relations services, grant writing, development and executive director services to agricultural organizations and producers . She served as Vermont’s deputy secretary of agriculture from 1998 to 2006 and as a regional dairy specialist with UVM Extension, specializing in dairy reproduction, from 1988 to 1998. She serves on the boards of the Vermont Community Loan Fund, and the North Country Investment Corporation
Some of the most critical issues facing humanity and the natural world in the 21st century are related to our food system. Calderwood’s courses guide students in understanding the environmental, social, and economic components of the working landscape, and a healthy and just food system.
|M.S. Diary Reproduction||Virginia Polytechnic University|
|B.S. Animal Science||University of Vermont|
|Characteristics of Production for Dairy Cows Fed non-GMO Ingredients. October 2015.|
|Northeast Dairy Grain Infrastructure. November 2014|
|Understanding the 2012 Farm Bill. June 2013|
|The effect of exogenous gonadotropin releasing hormone on recovery from septic uterine conditions in postpartum dairy cows, JDairySci. 1986|
- Outstanding Alumni, UVM College of Agriculture. 2014
- John C. Finley Award for agricultural leadership. 2001
- Achievement Award, National Assoc. of County Agricultural Agents 1993
- Keith Tupper Award -Service to Vermont farmers. 1992
- Sigma Xi Award-Outstanding Master’s Thesis, VPI. 1987
Three Books You Recommend?
- Measuring the Economic Impacts of Transgenic Crops in Developing Agriculture by Smale, Melinda, Zambrano,Patricia, Gruère, Guillaume, Falck-Zepeda, José, Matuschke, Ira, Horna, Daniela, Nagarajan, Latha, Yerramareddy,
- Indira, Jones, Hannah, US Ag Policy; Macroeconomics, agriculture, and food security. Eugenio Diaz Bonilla. US AgPolicy.