Application Information for Veterans

Outdoor EducationThe application process at Sterling College for veterans is designed to be as painless as possible. Here’s information that should be of use to you as you apply:

  1. You will need to fill out an application, either our own Sterling College application, or through the Common Application. Regardless of which application you choose, your application fee is waived.
    1. Your application will also require an essay, your high school transcripts, college transcripts (if applicable), and two letters of recommendation.
    2. We do not require SAT or ACT scores.
  2. We will need a copy of your DD-214 or your NGB-22.
  3. You may be eligible to receive academic credit for your military service. In order to determine what credit we can grant, Sterling College will need a copy of any military transcripts. The links below will direct you how to request your military transcript(s) from your branch of service.
    1. DD-214
    2. Army Transcripts (or call 1-866-297-4427)
    3. Air Force Transcripts
    4. Coast Guard Transcripts
    5. Marine Transcripts
    6. Navy Transcripts
    7. American Council on Education (ACE) Transcripts
  4. We will need you to fill out a FAFSA.



Sterling College Office of Admission and Financial Aid

Email: veterans@sterlingcollege.edu

Phone: 1-800-648-3591 (ext. 100) or 802-586-7711 (International)