Do you want to feel like a person instead of simply a number? Do you want to get out of the lecture hall and work with your hands? Are you ready to gain the skills you need to balance your education, work, life and community? Are you passionate about environmental stewardship?
More than 50% of our student body transferred here. They actively participate in their education and are carving their paths forward. Sterling College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Environmental Humanities
- Outdoor Education
We also have a vast and eclectic array of Continuing Education classes and 2/3 of our students actually Self-Design their majors. Whether you choose one of our five established majors or create your own self-designed major, at Sterling College you’ll gain insight into theory, integrate research into your studies, and lean how to use tools like a chainsaw, a compass, and a tractor as part of your daily work and study.
Sterling College welcomes applications from transfer students. We are currently reviewing applications for Summer & Fall 2015.
If your values lead you to commit to becoming an environmental steward and you want the rigor and challenge of working with both your hands and your mind, Sterling College could be the right place for you. We encourage you to schedule a visit to campus or sign up for more information.
We have an open house planned for April 25, 2015 and would love to meet you! We’re also happy to schedule visits at your convenience and, if you end up enrolling at Sterling, we’ll reimburse your travel expenses up to $500. Let us know when to expect you!
We are committed to providing robust financial aid packages for all of our students, including transfer students and students who enter with associate degrees.
- For Vermont residents: if you apply to Sterling College for Spring, Summer, or Fall 2015, we can match the in-state tuition price of the University of Vermont, after financial aid awards are applied.
- For non-Vermont residents: if you are transferring to Sterling from a community college, we can match the in-state tuition price of your home state’s flagship public university, after financial aid awards are applied.
- Participation in the Work Program earns each student additional funds that offset the cost of attendance.
- While college is a big investment, we offer robust financial aid packages.
Ready to start your journey & transfer to Sterling?
Let us help you! Contact our Admission Department today.
How to Complete Your Application
- Completed application form with $35 application fee (fees waivers accepted, either an official form or letter from the student/family)
- Official high school transcript or equivalent
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official college transcript (transfer applicants and high school students who have taken college courses)
- Admissions interview/campus visit
- SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- TOEFL scores (international applicants only)
Second B.A. Degree
Sterling College accepts applications from students seeking a second Bachelor of Arts Degree. Accepted students must complete a minimum of 30 credits at Sterling. These 30 credits should include major requirements and any core courses required as prerequisites if similar coursework has not been completed. Additionally, all Sterling College students must complete Tools and their Application (1 cr.), A Sense of Place (1-3 cr.), the College’s math competency requirement, and a Senior Capstone Learning Experience.
Sterling College Office of Admission
Phone: 1-800-648-3591 (ext. 100) or 802-586-7711 (International)