Home-schooled students may submit a portfolio of educational and life experiences in lieu of a diploma or equivalency. A portfolio should contain detailed information about coursework accomplished and evaluation (narrative and/or grades) of those accomplishments.
If the student is still in school during the application process, we would like to see information about coursework in progress and any expected coursework.
All such documentation of completion or expected completion of a home-school curriculum should generally follow the home state standards. Home-schooled students who attended a secondary institution at some point between 9th and 12th grade must also submit their official secondary institution transcript.
If your values lead you to commit to becoming an environmental steward and you want the rigor and challenge of working with both your hands and your mind, Sterling College could be the right place for you. We encourage you to schedule a visit to campus or sign up for more information.
How to Complete Your Application
- Completed application form with $35 application fee (fees waivers accepted, either an official form or letter from the student/family)
- Portfolio of educational and life experiences
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official college transcript (transfer applicants and high school students who have taken college courses)
- Admissions interview/campus visit
- SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- TOEFL scores (international applicants only)
Sterling College Office of Admission and Financial Aid
Phone: 1-800-648-3591 (ext. 100) or 802-586-7711 (International)